The 2016 National Tourism Year 2016 under theme of “Exploring the southern land” will be officially opened and broadcast live from Kien Giang province via VTV1, VTV5, VOV1 and local channel of Kien Giang province at 8:10 pm tonight.
Within the framework of the 2016 national tourism year, a wide range of cultural activities will be kicked off in Kien Giang and 18 cities and provinces nationwide.
The special art performances will reactive typical characters of culture and people of the southern region through the southern Vietnamese folk songs and classical music.
More than 500 artists including singers and dancing troupes from Ho Chi Minh City, Kien Giang Cultural Center such as People’s artist Trong Huu, Elite artist Thanh Ngan, Van Khanh, Thuy Chi, Que Tran; singer Dam Vinh Hung, Dan Truong, Quang Linh, Vo Ha Tram, Cho Hye Rong (Korea), the 2014 Miss Vietnam Ocean beauty Dang Thu Thao, the second runner- up Miss Universe Vietnam 2015 Le Hang and others artists will perform in this event.
Besides, over 13, 000 people are to join in the opening ceremony.
The opening and closing ceremonies will respectively take place at Kien Giang province’s Phu Quoc island district on April 10 and December 24.
A range of cultural activities during the 2016 National Tourism Year in Phu Quoc has been taking place nationwide, such as
1. Poster exhibition themed “Sea and Islands, our homeland” took place on Aprile 4- 9 at Ton Duc Thang Park in Rach Gia city.
2. Trade fair of key economic region of Mekong River Delta is taking place from April 7- 12 at Tran Quang Khai Square in Ranh Gia city.
3. Ministerial- level Friendship Golf Tournament was held at Vinpearl Golf & Resort, Phu Quoc on April 10.
4. Hung Kings Commemoration Day will take place on April 16 (March 10th of the lunar calendar) at Hung Kings Temple in Tan Hiep district
5. ‘Young aspiration’ music program will take place at Rach Gia on April 29.
6. Boléro music program will be held at Vinpearl on May 1.
7. The national boat racing championship will take place at Phu Quoc district on May 5, 6
8. The national dragon boat racing championships will take place at Phu Quoc district on May 8- 10.
The article "National Tourism Year 2016 opens tonight" was originally published on http://www.talkvietnam.com/2016/04/national-tourism-year-2016-opens-tonight/